Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

A couple of weeks ago, Jon's mom gave me a bunch of bananas that were getting brown. I have found that when bananas start getting brown spots all over them, most people will not eat them whatever they do. I on the other hand, will. Unfortunately, I left this bunch go a little too long so I decided to make a batch of muffins that I could quickly grab for breakfast throughout the week. I thought about taking them into work one morning but that thought quickly left my head when I ate my first one! These muffins are soft, stay moist all week long, and are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast!




Recipe


Ingredients
3 bananas, mashed
3 eggs, whisked
1/4 c. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. smooth almond butter
1/4 c. coconut flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. Mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips

Directions
1. In a mixing bowl, combine bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond butter. 
2. Slowly add in all dry ingredients and mix well. 
3. Scoop batter into silicone baking cups or silicone muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. 
4. Cool muffins before removing from baking cup.
*Note - these muffins do not rise much, so feel free to fill the baking cups a little over 3/4 full. 

Yields 9-12 muffins



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...