Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pizza, Pizza

I am definitely a sucker for pizza. Pepperoni pizza, cheese pizza, supreme pizza, you name it and I'll eat it. The other day I was reading Janetha's blog, Meals and Moves, and saw a question that she had posted:

1. what’s your answer to the million-dollar question? would you give up pizza of all kinds for a million bucks?

My answer: Nope! I would not and could not give up pizza for a million bucks! I just love it way to much.

Guess what I had for dinner tonight? Pizza!

Jancee and I went to a little cafe on campus called Tom John's where you can make your own personal pan pizzas. They are delicious and I can normally eat the entire thing. When it comes to pizza, sandwiches and salads, I love to put a ton of toppings on them. While I will eat plain cheese pizza, I'd prefer a super supreme pizza any day. Today I chose to top mine with green peppers, black olives, tomatoes, and mushrooms.

  

Water Intake

Lately I have been concentrating on drinking more water. Water is essential for your brain, muscles, blood, regulating temperature, and protecting your joints, as well as many other things. While most people tell you to consume 8 cups of water a day, you should actually divide your body weight in half and drink that many ounces. For example, if you weigh 140 pounds then you should drink 70 ounces of water a day. About 20% of our daily water consumption comes from the foods you eat. Some examples of the percentages of water in some common foods are:

lettuce 95%
broccoli 91%
milk 89%
yogurt 85%
apple 84%

According to WebMD you can still consume coffee, soft drinks, and juices and count it as water. Surprisingly these fluids count toward total fluid intake, so if you are an extreme coffee drinker, you're in luck!


Today I kept track of how many bottles of water I drank which totaled to 4 and I am currently sipping on my 5th. I also had vegetables for lunch and an apple after my workout, which both count toward my daily intake. So for today, I definitely surpassed my recommended daily ounces of water intake. Now, I just have to keep it up and keep on chuggin'.

Workout

Today's workout was a cross training workout. I completed 30 minutes on the elliptical on a variety setting which constantly changed the resistance level. I was only going to complete this workout but I didn't really feel like I worked up a good sweat so later on I completed an ab workout that I found online awhile back.




While blogging tonight I also enjoyed two truffles. I haven't had chocolate since the Turkey Day Challenge began back in November so it was a real treat.



Do you find yourself not drinking enough water throughout the day?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...